Colourful Beaches

Colourful Beaches


Morena Giannascoli


When I say holidays I mean beach!

Well, it couldn’t be otherwise: my family live right by the seaside in Abruzzo, Italy,  and I used to spend most of the year on our beautiful, fine golden sand beaches. No matter the season, whether in spring, in summer or even in winter, it always feels good to have a walk on the soft sand while listening to the sound of the waves that tirelessly kiss the shore. 

For me GOLDEN has always been the colour I associated with the beach, however, when I started to travel abroad I was pleasantly surprised to learn how Mother Nature plays with the colours. And there I was, on my first journey with friends visiting Tenerife and I found myself walking on a BLACK beach instead! The colour is due to its volcanic origins and the contrast with the white of the waves is spectacular.

The following year I travelled to Mexico where my eyes were amazed to admire those bright WHITE sand beaches which together with the leaning palm trees and the turquoise of the waters make you feel like in Heaven. However, Hyams Beach, in Australia, holds the record for having the whitest sand in the world.

I also had the chance to appreciate the Budelli PINK beach, in Italy, which owes its typical colour to microscopic fragments of corals and shells and the RED sands beach in Canada where the colour is caused by the richness of iron molecules in the sand.

The astonishing shades of Mother Nature don’t end here: there are still many other spectacular colourful beaches to visit. From the PURPLE of Pfeiffer Beach to the GREY of Shelter Cove, in California; then the ORANGE of Ramla Bay, in Malta; the GREEN of Papakolea Beach, in Hawaii; the OCHRE of Porto Ferro Beach, in Italy, and even the bioluminescent beaches in Maldives and many more…wonders of nature.

Have a look also to my post about the Trabocchi in Abruzzo 

Have a lovely journey!


Morena Giannascoli

If you liked this article don't forget to share :-)




Montesilvano beach, Abruzzo, Italy

Bollullo beach, Tenerife

Mexico

Budelli beach, Italy

Prince Edward, Canada

Papakolea beach, Hawaii

Bioluminescence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size isn’t everything…

They are all crooked!

Abruzzo Trabocchi